Protecting Players from Gambling Addiction
Gambling destroys families and communities, causes disproportionate harm to poor people
- Creates understanding by providing knowledge to players about illegal gambling thus illuminate the risks.
- Establish mandatory standards for responsible gambling
- Establish the difference between borderline, social, and pathological gamblers.
- Reducing level of engagement and extent that gambling stimulate
- Controlling the spending habits, i.e., real vs. budgeted.
- (October 30, 2017) ‘Crack cocaine’ betting stakes cut to £20 after mail campaign. It would allow Gamblers to place bets of up to £100 every 20 seconds on the addictive fixed-odds betting terminals (FOBTs).
Argentina Gambling Restrictions
Tax rate of 41.5% applied to corporate income in addition to 0.75% on each bet and a 2% tax on each wager place via online gambling channels
(January 03, 2018) VAT legislation for gambling offshore digital service gambling operators up to 27%
Germany Gambling Restrictions
Gambling Allowed: sports betting and lottery games
License operators: Malta- and Gibraltar providing services within Germany’s borders.
- (November 13, 2017) Federal Administrative Court in Leipzig, Backs Online Casino, Poker and scratchcard games Ban in Germany. The court implemented it to prevent children and vulnerable people from falling victims to the unrestricted availability of gambling options on the Internet.
Russian Gambling Regulation
- Self-Regulatory Organization of Russian Bookmakers is an authority responsible for gaming services.
- Strict regulation of an illegal play and associated criminal activity.
- To access betting services players need to register with the TSUPIS payment processing system owned by regulators First SRO as well as with the operator.
- Liga Stavok, BetCity, Fonbet and Olympus
- Bwin will be Russia’s fifteenth registered operator
Latest News and Online Casino Bwin
Owner: GVC Holdings an online casino and betting brand
United States Gambling Regulations
The U.S. enactment in 2006 of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) regulates financial institutions. It makes transactions illegal between US residents and online gambling sites.
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB)
- Colombia’s Coljuegos gambling regulatory agency
Colombia formally authorizes online gambling and issues online licenses. The operators can add live-dealer casino games and other products. It allows operators to conduct live dealer baccarat, blackjack and roulette games in addition to their random number generator (RNG) casino products. It permits Virtual sports and racing products, along with keno game.
Pennsylvania legalized online poker and casino games.
Illinois does not legalize Online Casino
- (November 01, 2017) New Hampshire, authorized Online Lottery sales in July 2017 would start in 2018. The state joins Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois, and Georgia.
- (October 29, 2017) AcePlay announced the closure of a Nevada-based, free-play online poker site on November 22, 2017. The site used as a promotional conversion tool to drive players with as online free-play.
Online Casinos Websites: AcePlayPoker.com and AcePlayCasino.com
Parent Company: American Casino & Entertainment Properties (ACEP)
Golden Entertainment acquired ACEP
- (October 28, 2017) Pennsylvania becomes the 4th state to legalize and regulate online poker. Moreover, allows DFS (daily fantasy sports) betting, online casino games, and enables many bricks and mortar gambling venues in the state. It would help the state to increase revenues substantially. The other states include Nevada, New Jersey, and Delaware.
UK Gambling Restrictions
The Gambling Act 2005, introduced by Tony Blair’s government
- (October 22, 2017) UK Gambling Commission ordered 450 gambling sites to “immediately” remove casino games targeting the under-18 crowd. The gambling sites were running ‘The free to play’ child-oriented games with age verification checks. They were just to sell young visitors on the concept of gambling. The commission oversees, cartoonish graphics, cute characters and even game names like Piggy Payout serve as gambling advertising appealing kids.